Thursday, April 9, 2015

Photoblog: Winter Music Conference 2015 : Global Soul Rooftop Party/ Let The Singer Be Heard Miami Beach Florida 3.25.2015

So it's that time of year when me and thousands of  artists, Dj's , producers, and fans of dance music flock to South Beach Miami for the Winter Music Conference. This year marked the 30th anniversary of the conference so this was a major milestone for the event . As soon as I landed I hit social media to see where was everyone was at . Nina Ananse hit me back and told me to got to the Clevelander Rooftop for Ian Friday's Global Soul party, so it off to the Hotel drop the bags and begin the grind  . When I got there Venus 7 from Philly was on and had the crowd jumping. After her Gigi Testa from Italy came on and he had the rooftop rocking. I left the party and went next door to Ocean's 10 to check out Barbara Tucker's Let The Singer Be Heard party . I really like this event because it highlights singers in the house music industry, and this year she spotlighted male vocalists. Todd Terry was on when I got there , Then Terry Hunter came on, and I had to run out for a quick food break . Then Jon Pierce came on and blessed the crowd with his vocal selections, my favorite is when he did his hit record  Never. After that Keith Thompson came on and did the classic Break 4 Love and of course the crowd went nuts . Barbara Tucker came on for a hot second to get crowd ready for the guest  of honor . After a minor delay the guest of honor Kenny Bobien came in straight from his flight . Barbara presented Kenny with a award recognizing his 25 years in the music business. Afte that Kenny blessed the crowd with a couple of songs . And after that legendary Dj Tony Humphries came on  to wrap the evening up . And that was the 8-10 hours at the conference , but enough of me lets see the pics . enjoy

John Crooms

" Everybody's Favorite Photographer"








































































































No comments:

Blog Archive