Monday, September 8, 2014

Photoblog: The Atlanta Weekender Lovesexy/ Distinctive / Afrique Electrique @ The Sound Table & The Music Room 8.28-29.2014 Atlanta GA

                 Well last weekend was Labor Day Weekend , and that meant it was time for the Atlanta Weekender . The Atlanta Weekender is soulful house music festival that takes place over four days in Atlanta . On Thursday night I went to check out The Lovesexy party . Lovesexy is the Prince tribute party hosted by Dj Salah Ananse ,with guest Dj Kwest On over at The Sound Table . When I got there the place was packed , folks dancing to the sounds of Kwest On .Then Dj Salah came on to continue the journey of hits ,favorites, bootlegs and b-sides from Prince .
              On Friday night I was over at The Music Room for the Afrique Electrique party , with Dj Salah Ananse with  special guests Sabine Blazin and Carlos Mena . I got there a little late so I missed Sabine but I did catch Salah's set . Now in the middle of Afrique Electrique I left The Music Room and ran over to the Sound Table to check out Distinctive , hosted by Dj Kai Alce with special guests Alton Miller and Norm Talley . When I got there Alton Miller was on and had the crowd moving to his sounds, then Norm Talley came on to add on to the night of Detroit sounds. I ran back over to The Music Room to catch Carlos Mena close the night out. It was a fun two nights of parties but enough of me lets see the pics . enjoy

John Crooms

"Everybody's Favorite Photographer"


























































































No comments:

Blog Archive